Limited movement and pain are the two most common symptoms associated with arthritis; a condition characterized by joint inflammation. Arthritis falls under two categories namely rheumatoid and osteoarthritis.
Osteoarthritis is characterized by the wear and tear of cartilage tissues between joints. Rheumatoid arthritis on the other hand is an autoimmune disorder characterized by inflammation of the synovial membrane resulting in bone loss. Both of these conditions bring about discomfort and excruciating pain among its victims.
Here are three natural remedies than can effectively and safely ease the pain of arthritis:
- Epsom salt soak
The high levels of magnesium present in Epsom salt has been known to alleviate the pain caused by inflammation between joints.
What you need:
- warm water
- one large bowl
- 5 cup Epsom salt
What to do:
- Place warm water into a bowl
- Add 1.5 cup of Epsom salt
- Stire the Epsom salt until it fully dissolves
- You should submerge the affected part of the body for at least 15 minutes
- If you feel pain in different parts of the body it is more practical to do an Epsom salt bath instead. Simply add 2 cups of Epsom salt in a tub full of warm water.
- Turmeric and Ginger
Turmeric and ginger supplements are both known for their anti-inflammatory action. At present, curcumin, turmeric’s active ingredient is considered a potent compound due to its antioxidant effects. It can lower the level of enzymes that cause painful inflammatory symptoms.
And if you’re looking for an effective supplement for weight loss, try Garcinia Cambogia!