The Grand Canyon has been hailed as one of the world’s seven natural wonders. Due to its massive size and unfathomable beauty, it attracts up to 5 million visitors per year. With the huge crowds that flock the national park on a daily basis, planning a trip to the Grand Canyon can be very tricky. If you wish to have a fun and memorable time during your stay here, here are tips that you should never miss!
- Up to 90% of people who visit the Grand Canyon prefer the South Rim. The South Rim is open all year round and is an ideal place for the family as it features programs and activities that suitable for adults and children alike.
- The North Rim boasts amazing vistas, but is closed during winter. The weather condition as well as the terrain of the North Rim changes dramatically during the months of November through February.
- There are several ways to reach Grand Canyon National Park. If you have the time, you may bring your own vehicle. This will enable you to check out the other epic destinations along the way.
However, if you are coming from out of state or from another country, you need to book a flight to any of these airports nearest Grand Canyon:
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Flagstaff, Arizona
- There are free shuttle bus services that are offered to guests too. Pickup points are located at Tusayan Community, and the Grand Canyon Visitor Center located at the same town. If you are looking to visit the South Rim only, you can take the free shuttle buss from the Grand Canyon Village which is only 7 miles away from the South Rim.
- Make sure to pickup a pamphlet or guide about free shuttle bus service so you can plan your itinerary properly.
For directions to Mooney Falls, visit http://grandcanyonsecrets.com/ .